Wednesday, January 17, 2018Employment OpportunitiesAPPLICATION INFORMATIONCurrent Vacancies:←<—Please click Current Vacancies on the left pane of this page.Interested in serving as a Substitute?
We are in need of substitute employees in a number of different positions including the following:
Upon employment, ALL positions require current Act 34, 114, 151 clearances, Act 24 & 168 disclosures and a completed School Health Form.To apply, please send the required documentation for that position to:Cheryl A. WaltersSuperintendentDerry Area School District982 N. Chestnut Street ExtensionDerry, PA 15627-7600
- Teachers & Nurses - $90.00/day for 1-29 days - Cheryl A. Walters
- $100/day for days 30 and up
- Once you reach $100/day, that hold over into the next school year and continues as long as you work 1 day in the District each school year.
- Extended Day-To-Day-Substitutes: If a substitute teacher is in the same position for the same teacher for 20 consecutive days, the substitute will be paid $120 a day, retroactive to the first day in that position.
- Aides - $8.00 per hour - Cheryl A. Walters
- Clerical Secretaries (substitute) - $8.00 per hour - Cheryl A. WaltersIf a substitute secretary is in the same position for the same secretary for 20 consecutive days, the substitute will be paid $8.75/hour, retroactive to the first day in that position.
- Personal Care Aides - $8.00 per hour - Kathy Perry
- Custodians - $8.00 per hour - Mr. Gene Stofko
- Food Service Workers, Cashiers, Noon Time Aides - $7.25 per hour Gwen Kozar
Thank you for your interest in Derry Area School District!
The Derry Area School District does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the educational programs or activities which it operates and is required by Title IX not to discriminate in such a manner. The district policy not to discriminate on the basis of sex in educational programs and activities extends to employment in and admission to such programs and activities.The Derry Area School District does not discriminate on the basis of handicap as defined in Section 5503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, in admissions or access to, or treatment of its programs and activities.Inquiries concerning the application of Title IX or Section 5503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 may be referred to the Superintendent's Office at 724-694-1400.